300hr advanced yoga teacher training
Harmonise Training Academy is a 300hr Yoga Alliance registered training school (RTS) and has been set up as a sister company to Revitalise which has been successfully offering Yoga and Pilates since 2003. As specialists in this field, we know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them. Our 300hr Yoga course is assessed and quality assured to guarantee high standards, and goes beyond the criteria set by Yoga Alliance. The course will allow you to develop and advance as a Yoga Teacher whilst further developing your own practice. The variety of course content will deepen your understanding of Yoga and related philosophies. We have a maximum of 12 students on each course, ensuring you receive a high level of tutor interaction and expert instruction throughout.
This course may be completed in 1 to 2 years. Throughout the course you will cover advanced yoga anatomy, adjustments, teaching methodology, learning Sanskrit, mantras, pranayama, Ayurveda, advanced sequencing and a deeper understanding of the yoga philosophy. You will also cover Pregnancy Yoga and Yin Yoga.
Gemma Williams, your Yoga lead tutor, has been teaching yoga since 2009. She has travelled worldwide to learn from different yoga backgrounds. She is registered with the Yoga Alliance as an Experienced advanced teacher (E-RYT 500) and as a Yoga continuing education provider (YACEP).
Alexa Garside – vinyasa flow, sequencing & Yoga theme specialist
James Pickard – anatomy specialist and registered Osteopath
Clare Brown – pre & post-natal specialist & mother of 3!
Phoebe Serenity Brown – Yoga Philosophy Specialist
Lisa Christie – Nidra Yoga specialist
Gemma Williams – Yin Yoga specialist
Emma Cole – Restorative Yoga Specialist
Beverley Fish – Yoga and Nutrition Specialist
(More Teachers to be confirmed)
If you have completed your 200 hour YTT with a Yoga Alliance registered yoga school then this 300 hours YTT course will complete your 500 hours of advanced yoga teacher training.
Tutor contact training will cover:
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Teaching Methodology
- Advanced application of Anatomy & Physiology
- Pracitum (Teaching Practice)
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Meditation and Pranayama
- Sanskrit, Mantra & Kirtan
- Advanced Sequencing and Technical flows
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and lesson plans
- Adjustments & Modifications
- Alignment breakdown of each Asana
- Yoga Practice & Journaling
- Guidance and feedback throughout course
Reading lists will be sent out after course deposit is received. Manuals will be given out during the course. Students will be required to undergo written and practical assessments throughout the course although these will be internally assessed and there are no formal exams. In total you will complete approximately 300 hours of tutor contact and self-study.
All of the course days contain a morning asana, pranayama and mediation practice. Your practice during Technical Workshops will continue to develop your techniques, alignment and understanding of the asanas.
The Teaching Methodology Program will guide you towards teaching with clarity and precision, leaving room for appropriate modifications. Throughout the course you will learn correct asana alignment and how best to teach this. You will be teaching and assisting in classes throughout the course and given feedback and support to help you along the way.
Anatomy and Physiology
You will deepen your knowledge of what is happening in the body anatomically in different asanas, and a deeper understanding of muscles lengthened and strengthened in each posture. You will also learn how to adapt and modify your classes for student with weak areas whether due to lack of strength or flexibility.
Asana adjustments are an important part of an advanced yoga program. You will gain a thorough understanding of asana adjustments during our adjustment module. You will then start to practice adjustments on your peers and then assist our lead teachers in classes. There will be many opportunities to adjust in classes and you will receive feedback throughout.
50 hr Pregnancy Yoga Module
We offer a unique package that also contains Pregnancy yoga teacher training. You will cover; the benefits and contra-indications of yoga for ante and post-natal women, how to adapt yoga asana for safe and effective pre and post natal lesson planning, the role of the pelvic floor, core and stabilisers in pre and post natal classes and safe and effective exercises for these important muscle groups, movement for good posture and back care during pregnancy, the use of props to maximise comfort, restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation for pre natal client.
50 hr Yin Yoga Module
During the Yin course you will practice a variety of flows, develop your understanding of facia, and learn about Yin’s relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system. You will cover; understanding of the body’s facia, how to lesson plan a safe and effective Yin yoga class focusing on different anatomical areas, learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications, introduction to the Chinese meridian system, how to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different Meridians, the use of props to maximise comfort and relaxation of muscles and facia, restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation.
Pranayama and Meditation
During your morning practices on the course you will be taught different pranayama and mediation technique. You will deepen your knowledge of how to use pranayama and mediation in your personal practice and in everyday life to reduce stress and anxiety, to become more aware of the present moment, and to strengthen your respiratory and nervous systems.
You would have already covered a great deal of yoga philosophy during your 200 hr YTT, we aim to deepen your understanding of classical yoga philosophy and how to implement these teachings into everyday life. You will study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and be involved in discussion and debate around these philosophies. You will deepen your understanding of why Sanskrit is the language of yoga & the spirit, how mantras work & what are the differences between them, and experience the profound & immediate transformational power of singing devotional songs.
In order to participate on this course you must have already completed a 200 hr YTT course or equivalent.
Choose any 30 days from those below to complete your 300 hour advanced teacher training. You can complete your 300 hours or training over 1 to 2 years from when you sign up. You will complete at least 2 hours of home study/reading for each training day. Training will be held at Revitalise Brighton.
Training days are 9am – 5pm:
Sunday 29th January: Yoga and Nutrition
Sunday 19th February: Yoga and Sound – Sanskrit, Mantra & kirtan for personal development
Weekend 11th-12th March: Advanced Yoga Anatomy – Hips and Shoulders
Sunday 19th March: Mindfulness and Yoga – on and off the mat
Sunday 23rd April: Restorative and Nurturing Yoga
Mon 24th-Thur 27th April: Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course
Sunday 14th May: Yoga Philosophy – Sutras, Yamas, Niyamas, Philosophy discussion
Weekend 20th-21st May: Yoga adjustments
Weekend 17th-18th June: Advanced Yoga Sequencing and Technical flows
Sunday 25th June: Chakra Balancing Yoga – Philosophy and Asana practice
Weekend 15th-16th July: Core, Inversions and Arm Balancing
Sunday 30th July: Pranayama – Understanding, Method and Practice
Weekend 5th-6th August: Advanced Yoga Anatomy – Back Bends and Forward Folds
Mon 11th-Thurs 14th September: Yin Yoga Teacher Training
Sunday 17th Sept: Ayurveda and Yoga Nutrition
Sunday 1st October: Yoga Nidra
Weekend 7th-8th October: Introduction to restorative yoga
Weekend 4th-5th November: Teaching to others, Feedback, Lesson planning, Assessments
Sunday 12th November: Ashtanga Workshop
Sunday 3rd December: Acro Yoga Workshop
Our flexible course structure means you can pay for the course dates that you want to do, when you want to do them. You just need to complete 30 course days, over 1-2 years, of training to complete your 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training qualification.
Yoga Immersion Days: £90 (discounted if you have completed your 200hr YTT with us)
Weekend CPD workshops: £195
Yin and Pregnancy courses: £550 or £495 early bird (for first 6 sign ups)
This includes all course materials and manuals, tuition, any-time support and help from our team.
NB there are also recommended reading books you need to purchase in addition to this cost.
If your personal circumstances mean you are unable to commit to the payment options, please get in touch in the strictest of confidence and we will do our best to accommodate you.
To register your interest and request an application form, please contact Gemma: email@example.com or 07746721603.
Flexible Start, Flexible Payments
- Tailored learning to suit your lifestyle. Choose 30 days of face to face training, to be completed between 1 – 2 years. We have a selection of modules for you to pick from and tailor your course and dates to suit you.
- We offer a £500 discount for early bird bookings. We also have an option for you to spread the payments of the course to make it easier for you.
- Our Yoga course is registered with the Yoga Alliance, recognised worldwide.
- Our courses go beyond the criteria necessary for qualification to ensure you have the skills and confidence to implement into your teaching straight away. We don’t just want you to pass, we want you to succeed in the industry and that’s where we go the extra mile.
- We are a small company specialising in the courses we deliver. We keep numbers on the course to a maximum of 12 to ensure you get the time and attention you deserve to ensure you develop and grow throughout the course.
- You will learn from a broad range of yoga styles and topics to gain a deeper understanding of yoga as a whole.
- We will ensure you spend a lot of time practicing teaching and give feedback to improve your skills and increase your confidence during your course.
- Your tutors are truly experts in their fields with 15,000 of practical hours in their specialist subject between them and they are all experienced in running their own successful businesses.
- We provide a yoga support network with your fellow students and teachers throughout the course.
- Free off peak studio hire to meet up with and/or practice with fellow students throughout the course.
- We know what it takes to succeed in the industry and we will be passing all of our knowledge onto you. There will also be possible work opportunities at Revitalise after successful completion of the course.