Yin Yoga Teacher Training – 30 hours
Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world, as we are currently over dominate in Yang (dynamic/strong) yoga practice, and are realizing the need for its complementary Yin (slow/gentle) practice, and all the benefits Yin has to offer. Our Yin course will cover a variety of flows, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
Certification and Accreditation
- It gives Yoga Alliance registered teachers 30 CPD hours
- You will receive a certificate from Harmonise Training Academy, Yoga Alliance registered, upon successful completion of this course
About your tutor
Louise Windsor, your Yoga tutor, has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin is her passion, she teaches a weekly Yin class and monthly 3 hour Yin workshops at Revitalise. Her Yin teacher is Norman Blair, she has completed his Advanced Yin Teacher Training and has attended numerous workshops with him and US teacher Sarah Powers. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students. Louise is an Chartered Level 2 teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) which means she has taught over 3000 hours and is a continuing education provider.
The learner will be able to plan and teach a variety of Yin Flows. There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective Yin postures. The course will cover:
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin Flows
- Understanding of the body’s fascia
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class/ workshop
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different Meridians
- The use of props to maximize comfort and relaxation of muscles and fascia
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
- Upon registration for the course, you will be sent a reading list for you to prepare for the course
- You will also be sent a written assignment to do before attending the course
- There will be plenty of opportunity to practice teaching in pairs and in small groups with feedback
- You will write up a safe and effective lesson plan as part of your assessment
- You will be confident to lesson plan and teach Yin yoga flows by the end of the course
- Written assignment on Yin Yoga and it’s History
- Lesson planning for a variety of Yin flows
- Teaching a Yin yoga flow to your class
- 200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
- L3 YMCA awards fitness qualification – Yoga
Tuesday 12th – Friday 15th February 9.30am – 5pm
Tuesday 11th – Friday 14th June 9.30am – 5pm
Thursday 26th – Sunday 29th September 9.30am – 5pm
The course is held at Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton.
The course price is £450 or £395 early bird (for first 6 sign ups)
To register your interest and request an application form, please contact Louise: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07779 150886.