Yoga CPD Workshops
Chakra Balancing Workshop with Gemma Williams – Sunday 29th April 10am – 2.30pm: Open to all levels. Learn to tune in and help balance your chakra (energy) system. You will go through each chakra, meditating and practicing asana to connect, understand, let go and balance your energetical centers. This will be a personal exploration experience of learning what is going on for you, messages from the body, and how you can bring more balance into your life.
Exploring asanas (yoga postures) to help tune and balance the 7 main energy centres, called chakras. Each chakra is associated with particular functions within the body and with specific life issues and the way we handle them, both inside ourselves and in our interactions with the world. Chakras become blocked by stress and holding on to negative emotions.
Practicing yoga poses that correspond to each chakra can release these blockages and clear the path to feeling whole, becoming your true self and connecting to your higher consciousness. Lean to come into balance physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. £45.
Yoga Anatomy Workshop – Hip and Shoulder Focus with Gemma Williams – Sunday 3rd June 10am – 2.30pm: Suitable for Yoga teachers and Yoga students wishing to gain a deeper understanding. You will deepen your knowledge of what is happening in the body anatomically around the hips and shoulders in different asanas. You will learn how to adapt and modify your classes for student with weak areas whether due to lack of strength or flexibility.
– We will start the day with an asana practice, focusing on shoulders.
– In depth understanding of shoulder stability, the core shoulder muscles, and the common underworked muscle patterns weakened through our modern lifestyles.
– We will cover asanas and exercises that help to stabilise shoulders.
– We will look at the energetical imbalances of the shoudlers, concerning the heart chakra.
– In depth understanding of hip function, functional hip movements and range of motion, and why our hips get tight.
– Understanding of hip muscles and their actions.
– We will cover asanas and exercises that help to stabilise hips.
– We will look at the energetic imbalances of the hips, why we hold on there emotionally.
– We will finish with a deep Yin Hip opening asana practice.
By gaining a deeper understanding of the bodies anatomy you will be able to adjust yours and your student’s practice to best help support and develop on their journey. £45.
Held at: Revitalise Brighton, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
You will receive a CPD certificate for Yoga Alliance with these courses.
To book workshops:
For more info please contact Gemma: email@example.com or 07746721603.