Yin Yoga Teacher Training – 35 hours
Please note that should social distancing measures still be in place, the course will be delivered via Zoom with an extra face to face day arranged when measures have been lifted. The course content will be the same, in real-time and with small numbers to maintain our school ethos of high levels of support and you will still have teaching practice with feedback and receive the same Yoga Alliance approved CPD certificate. In our commitment to support our students during this uncertain time, if you do wish to enrol onto any course and have concerns about finances, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as a longer term, interest free payment plan can be agreed.
Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world, as we are currently over dominate in Yang (dynamic/strong) yoga practice, and are realizing the need for its complementary Yin (slow/gentle) practice, and all the benefits Yin has to offer. Our Yin course will cover a variety of flows, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
Certification and Accreditation
- It gives Yoga Alliance registered teachers 35 CPD hours
- You will receive a certificate from Harmonise Training Academy, Yoga Alliance registered, upon successful completion of this course
About your tutor
Louise Windsor, your Yoga tutor, has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin is her passion, she teaches a weekly Yin class and monthly 3 hour Yin workshops at Revitalise. Her Yin teacher is Norman Blair, she has completed his Advanced Yin Teacher Training and has attended numerous workshops with him and US teacher Sarah Powers. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students. Louise is an Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) & ERYT 200 CEP with Yoga Alliance (US).
“An immersion deep into the heart of Yin Yoga, delivered with amazing passion, knowledge, wisdom, kindness and love. Highly recommend, thank you!” Yin TT Student 2019
“I had no doubt when I took one Yin class with Louise that I had found the person I wanted to learn more about Yin with. Her nature and knowledge is the very embodiment of her teaching” Yin TT Student 2018
The learner will be able to plan and teach a variety of Yin Flows. There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective Yin postures. The course will cover:
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin Flows
- Understanding of the body’s fascia
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class/ workshop
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different Meridians
- The use of props to maximize comfort and relaxation of muscles and fascia
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
“This is a beautifully accessible course. Clear and concise, warm and welcoming. I will be taking so much of Louise’s knowledge to my Yin classes and personal practice” Yin TT student 2018
- Upon registration for the course, you will be sent a reading list for you to prepare for the course
- You will also be sent a written assignment to do before attending the course
- There will be plenty of opportunity to practice teaching in pairs and in small groups with feedback
- You will write up a safe and effective lesson plan as part of your assessment
- You will be confident to lesson plan and teach Yin yoga flows by the end of the course
- Written assignment on Yin Yoga and it’s History
- Lesson planning for a variety of Yin flows
- Teaching a Yin yoga flow to your class
- 200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
2020 dates & venue
Thursday 29th October – Sunday 1st November 9.30am – 5pm
The course is held at Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton. It will be limited to 6 people.
2021 dates & venue
17th March – 20th March 9.30am – 5pm
13th – 16th May 9.30am – 5pm
14th – 17th October 9.30am – 5pm
The course is held at Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton.
£528 inc VAT / £480 inc VAT early bird for first 6 sign ups.