Posture Assessments & 1:1 CPD
This accessible and practical 2 day course is aimed at Yoga and Pilates teachers who wish to work more closely with 1:1 clients, giving you the tools and confidence to assess a client and tailor a lesson to best meet their individual needs increasing the chances of them becoming a long standing client. The course will deepen your understanding of the musculoskeletal system, enhance your observational skills and includes lots of embodiment and practical application.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand who would benefit from a 1:1 and how to market to attract new clients
- Consider the reasons people may want a 1:1 – goals and purpose
- Ask the questions necessary to be able to tailor a lesson or course of lessons for maximum benefit and results – lifestyle, goals etc
- Working more closely with an individual – the difference between a group and 1:1 lesson planning
- Understand what posture is and look at common postural ‘types’, the reasons for postural imbalances and how breath, movement, softening, integration, and the strengthening and lengthening of soft tissues can contribute to improving posture
- Review and deepen your understanding of anatomy to inform your exercise / asana selection
- Locate and identify over 30 bony prominences on the body
- Consider breath, mindfulness, holding patterns, protection, nervous system, emotional factors, scar tissue and adhesions in relation to soft tissue and posture
- Carry out a posture assessment and record observations
- Understand exercises, asana and use of props that may be beneficial for given postural presentations
- Look at stretches and yin poses that may benefit the client and enhance their yang practice / quality of movement
- Practice postural assessments and write suggestions based on findings during the course. We will share with the group so we all learn from one another and practice the practical application of the theory
- Feel more confident with hands on touch and assists (assuming students have given permission)
- Create a personal, tailored lesson plan for 1:1 students for maximum benefit.
- Associated health & safety, informed consent, and when to refer to a health professional
Course pre-requisites: 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent; Pilates L3 diploma or equivalent; some teaching experience desirable
This course is highly recommended as a pre-requisite to the ‘hands on assists’ and ‘fascia and further anatomy’ CDP courses that will be offered with Harmonise Training Academy next year
About your tutor:
Clare Francis has over 20 years industry experience and has worked with numerous 1:1 clients during this time. She is Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT, trained with Stott Pilates, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10 day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018 and is intuitive in her approach. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 5 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor
Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a course that educates, inspires and broadens your skill set
Course Assessment: You will take a full case history, carry out a posture assessment, record your findings and make appropriate recommendations. You will submit a lesson plan based on your findings within 4 weeks of the course delivery and complete a worksheet.
Certification: Harmonise Training CPD certificate for 20 hours which is 15 contact hours and 5 hours non contact
Yoga Alliance registered attendees will gain 20 CEP hours OR can use these hours towards their 300hr advanced certificate with Harmonise Training Academy
Course dates: TBC. Register your interest and join the waitlist HERE to be notified when course dates are released.
Course Price: £264 Early Bird: £240
E.mail: email@example.com if you have any questions