award in adapting Pilates for pre and post-natal clients
There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective Pilates exercises and how to plan and adapt Pilates exercises for pregnancy and post-natal clients.
The course will cover:
- The physical changes which take place during the ante and post-natal periods
- The physical, mental, social and well-being benefits of pilates for ante and post-natal women
- How to support ante and post-natal clients taking part in pilates
- The contra-indications to pilates for ante and post-natal clients
- How to manage risks in ante and post-natal pilates classes
- How to adapt the Pilates repertoire for safe and affective pre and post-natal lesson planning
- The role of the pelvic floor, core and stabilisers in pre and post-natal classes and safe and effective exercises for these important muscle groups
- Movement for good posture and back care during pregnancy
- The use of props to maximise comfort
- Breathing practices, visualisations, affirmations, mindfulness and relaxation for pre & post-natal clients
- The stages of labour and breathing techniques for birth preparation
- Principles of active birth
- Post-natal considerations including diastasis recti check
- The nutritional requirements for the ante and post-natal period
- The principles of collecting information to plan a safe and effective pilates class for ante and post-natal clients
- How to plan a Pilates class for ante and post-natal clients
- Marketing and building a successful class
Upon registration for the course, you will be sent a manual and can start to learn the theory in preparation for the face to face training. Alongside this, be given access to a multitude of video recordings and resources to support your learning journey.
On the first day of training, you will receive a hard copy of the Harmonise Training Academy Manual.
During the face to face training…
- We will go over and revise the theory in preparation for your multiple-choice paper
- We will go through all of the practical elements
- There will be opportunity to practice teaching in pairs with feedback
- You will complete a worksheet, case study and write up a safe and effective lesson plan as part of your assessment
- You will be confident to teach this popular client group by the end of the course
- Recognised Pilates qualification – Stott, Body control, Pilates foundation etc OR
- L3 YMCA awards qualification in Pilates
- Theoretical multiple choice paper
- Case study
- Lesson Plan
Certification and Accreditation
- Our L3 Award in Adapting Pilates for Ante Natal and Post Natal Clients is accredited with YMCA
- For those who hold a L3 diploma in Pilates with YMCA or equivalent, you will receive a YMCA certificate and be eligible for 20 CPD points with REPS / Cimspa
- All successful graduates will receive a Harmonise Training Academy Certificate
about your tutors
Clare Francis, former owner of Revitalise and founder of Harmonise Training Academy, has been teaching pre and post-natal clients for almost 20 years and has 3 children. She holds a YMCA awards pre and post-natal certification, Stott Pilates pre-natal certificate and completed a pregnancy yoga teacher training with Drishti who are a Yoga Alliance registered school. Clare is also trained and experienced in Pregnancy massage. Clare brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this course which she has tailored specifically for Yoga teachers.
Stacey Beattie, trained with and teaches for Harmonise Training Academy, Stacey has gone on to build a successful client base for both group classes and 1:1’s. Her journey since qualifying in her own words ‘couldn’t have gone any better’. Stacey has been working alongside Clare at Harmonise Training Academy since she qualified, and now tutors on the Pilates Teacher Training Course and a number of Harmonise Pilates CPD courses and workshops. Trained by Harmonise and Stott Pilates, she is also a trained L3 assessor and holds a L3 award in education and training.
2022 Course dates: 29th & 30th October 9.30am – 5pm
Theoretical assessments will take place during the face-to-face training
Held at: Revitalise, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Early bird: £375 Full Price: £395 | Early-bird discount available until 17th September
Payments may be spread over 4 months.
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to answer any queries you may have.