Stretch and massage hands on assists
Tuesday 27th February 2-5pm
PILATES CPD | YOGA CPD
Elevate your teaching skills and expand your repertoire with our upcoming Stretch and Massage Hands-On Assists Workshop.
Practise hands-on assists that aid in massage and relaxation; discover Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) stretches, advanced stretching techniques that involve a combination of stretching and contracting muscles; and gain confidence in incorporating simple self-massage into your classes. This workshop will equip you with the skills and confidence to provide a nurturing and empowering experience for your students.
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Gain a profound understanding of the ethical considerations, purpose, and intention behind the use of touch in teaching.
- Discover the significance of observation, grounding, posture, breath, communication, and feedback when providing hands-on assists.
- Explore the anatomy related to stretches, massage, and relaxation assists, deepening your knowledge of the body’s mechanics.
- Learn when it’s advisable to refrain from hands-on assists, recognising situations where caution is necessary.
- Practise hands-on assists for a diverse range of stretches, refining your techniques for targeted support.
- Learn and practise how to guide students through PNF stretches, both self-assisted and with the help of a teacher, to improve flexibility and range of motion.
- Hone your skills in providing hands-on assists to aid massage and relaxation, promoting deep muscle relaxation and tension release.
- Learn to incorporate and lead simple self-massage techniques within a class setting, empowering students to enhance their relaxation journey.
- Receive a detailed manual featuring images and explanations of a wide array of assists practised during the workshop, serving as a valuable reference guide.
- Increase your confidence to immediately implement hands-on assists in your teaching to create a more enriching and supportive class environment.
About your tutor
Clare Francis has over 23 years industry experience and has always been ‘hands on’ in her approach! She is Stott trained, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10-day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018 and is an experienced Pilates and yoga teacher. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 8 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor. Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a workshop that informs, inspires and grows your confidence in observing and offering hands on assists, props and guidance where appropriate… read more.
Pre-requisites (for CPD): Recognised Pilates or Yoga teaching qualification such as Yoga Alliance 200hrs, L3 YMCA, Stott, Body Control etc and some teaching experience. It would be ideal to be teaching in some capacity so you can start incorporating what you learn straight away, although this is not essential.
Certification: You will receive a Harmonise Training Academy CPD certificate of attendance for 3 CPD hours.
When? Tuesday 27th February 2-5pm
Where? at Revitalise, Brighton & Hove
Who? This workshop is aimed at Pilates and Yoga teachers but may also be of interest to fitness instructors and movement teachers.
Investment: (inc. VAT)
£65 SUPER early bird (Use coupon STRETCHSUPER)
£75 early bird (Use Coupon STRETCHEARLYBIRD)
£85 full price
SUPER Early-bird discount available until 3 months before workshop date!
Early-bird discount available until 6th Feb 2024!
Equipment Required: Yoga / Pilates mat (available to borrow or bring your own)
Got questions? Contact email@example.com