Stretch, massage & relax hands on assists
PILATES CPD | YOGA CPD
This is an opportunity to increase your confidence, practice, ask questions, stand out and offer something a little extra, especially after such a long period of separation, isolation and lack of touch!
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the ethics, purpose & intention around the use of touch
- Understand the importance of observation, grounding, posture, breath, communication and feedback during assists
- Visit anatomy related to stretches, massage and relaxation assists
- Understand when hands on assists may not be advisable
- Practice hands on assists for a variety of stretches
- Discuss and practice PNF stretches – self and assisted
- Practice hands on assists to aid massage and relaxation
- Learn how to incorporate and lead some simple self-massage within a class setting
- Receive a detailed manual with images and explanations of a multitude of assists that you will practice during the workshop
- Increase your confidence to begin using assists straight away
About your tutor
Clare Francis has over 23 years industry experience and has always been ‘hands on’ in her approach! She is Stott trained, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10-day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018 and is an experienced Pilates and yoga teacher. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 8 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor. Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a workshop that informs, inspires and grows your confidence in observing and offering hands on assists, props and guidance where appropriate… read more.
Pre-requisites (for CPD): Recognised Pilates or Yoga teaching qualification such as Yoga Alliance 200hrs, L3 YMCA, Stott, Body Control etc and some teaching experience. It would be ideal to be teaching in some capacity so you can start incorporating what you learn straight away, although this is not essential.
Certification: You will receive a Harmonise Training Academy CPD certificate of attendance for 3 CPD hours.
When? Next date TBC for Autumn 2023
Where? at Revitalise, Brighton & Hove
Who? This workshop is aimed at Pilates and Yoga teachers but may also be of interest to fitness instructors and movement teachers.
Investment: £75 / £65 early bird
Equipment Required: Yoga / Pilates mat (available to borrow or bring your own)
If you’d like to be notified when dates for this workshop are added, join the waitlist (this is not an enrollment or commitment)
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org