about our Pilates teacher training
course content | about your tutors | course dates & venue | course investment & application
Harmonise Training Academy was set up in 2014. Our courses take place at Revitalise who host a variety of leading Pilates and Yoga teachers in the area. As specialists in this field, we know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them. Our 200 hour accredited Pilates L3 course goes beyond the criteria set by YMCA Awards to ensure you have the skills, experience and confidence to begin teaching successfully straight away.
As the health industry continues to grow, so too does its number of teachers. We understand that as a Pilates teacher, the quality of knowledge and ability to teach must be of the highest standard and it is our goal to ensure you reach it.
If you are looking to earn a living from your passion and want to train to teach Pilates in a professional, sustainable, knowledgeable and inspirational way, then Harmonise Training Academy is for you. Whilst our courses have been created to fit in with busy lives, you’ll also have time to process and practice what you learn as you train with us so you will be confident and sought after from day 1. We have many success stories of graduates who are turning classes away and/or handing notices in on full time jobs to teach Pilates full time after only 6 months of graduation!
Throughout the course you’ll have both practical training weekends, as well as online modules / home learning to complete in order to gain your certification.
Online Course modules:
- L3 Anatomy and physiology for exercise & health
- L2 Applied anatomy & physiology
- L2 Providing a positive experience in the exercise environment
- L2 Lifestyle management & health awareness
- L2 Principles of Planning & delivering group exercise
9 days face to face training will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology to ensure you are prepared before sitting the theory L3 paper
- Embodiment of anatomy and physiology to the exercises
- Breakdown of each exercise in the Pilates repetoire
- Modifications and adaptations
- Lesson plans
- Use of props
- Verbal, imagery and tactile cues
- Teaching skills
- Observational skills
- Posture assessments
- Teaching practice in pairs
- Programming a Pilates teaching session
- Delivering a Pilates teaching session
- Business of Pilates
- Practical teaching experience & feedback to a small class
- Mock practical assessment prior to your final practical assessment to ensure you are fully prepared
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and a case study
Reading lists will be sent out after the course deposit is received.
*Please note that a required resource, the STOTT Pilates manual, is £60 and is not included in your course price. It is however, an excellent manual and will serve you throughout your whole Pilates career
While there are no pre-requisites for our courses, we do recommend that each applicant has a genuine interest in Pilates and health & wellbeing, has good body awareness and attends regular classes.
If you already hold YMCA Awards L2 mandatory units and YMCA Awards level 3 anatomy & physiology, please let us know as you will not need to repeat these if they were sat within the last 3 years.
Our courses are Level 3 and are accredited by Central YMCA Qualifications (YMCA Awards).
YMCA Awards offers the UK’s most diverse suite of health and fitness qualifications. The qualifications are based upon over 25 years of industry expertise and have been developed with the input of training providers, employers and fitness professionals.
The qualifications are Government approved (on the QCF and/or the NQF) and are sought after by employers. Successful completion of this course will allow also you entry onto the REPS register at Level 3 which is recognised internationally. These marks of quality assure both employers and clients that your training and knowledge is of the highest standard possible, and help you to be able to share your passion for teaching with a wider client base.
about your tutors
“I really enjoyed this course. The tutors were knowledgeable and encouraging and the face to face days were well structured. I feel I have learnt so much. Thank you!”Jayne, Pilates teacher training graduate 2022
Clare Francis, your lead Pilates tutor & assessor, former owner of Revitalise and founder of Harmonise Training Academy, has over 22 years industry experience, trained with STOTT pilates and has received excellent feedback from the 23 training courses she has delivered so far. Read more…
Stacey Beattie, your co-lead Pilates tutor & assessor, completed her training with Harmonise Training Academy, and has been under the mentorship of Clare ever since having quickly built up a successful career in teaching weekly Pilates classes to the point where she is having to turn work away! Read more…
course dates & venue
9 days of face to face practical training are organised over 3 long weekends in addition to pre course learning. Training takes place at Revitalise in Hove from 9am – 5pm.
Course dates 2023:
September 16th – 17th
October 13th / 14th / 15th
November 17th / 18th / 19th
January 14th 2024
You will be required to attend an assessment day either on the last day of the course or at a later date to be agreed and you will hand in your completed case study 6 weeks after the last training weekend.
The course fee includes:
- online modules and email support for these as needed
- all course materials and manuals*
- tuition, tutor and peer support group throughout the face to face training,
- any-time support and help from our team for the full duration of the course
- ongoing support via our private teacher community Facebook group upon graduation
- potential teaching opportunities available at Revitalise.
From 2023 – Trainees will also get the following additional bonuses:
- 6 months FREE access to the Harmonise online studio boasting a library of over 130 Pilates, barre and yoga classes – worth £114! (this is in addition to the 30 day free trial, so 7 months free in total) – Take a sneak peek here.
- FREE £100 voucher that you can use towards ANY CPD course
*You will need to purchase 1 book in addition to the course price
Course fee: £2,150
Early Bird option 1 – Payment in Full: Book 6+ weeks before the face to face training and pay £1,700 (save £450)
Early Bird Option 2 – Pay in two parts (Deposit + Balance) = Total of £1,800 (save £350)
– Pay £600 deposit on booking, remaining balance of £1,200 due 6 weeks before first course date.
You can also pay by monthly standing order (contract signed)
Set up a standing order and spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down and you will benefit from the early bird discount – £1,800 (save £350).
Payments can be made by bank transfer or we can send you a link to pay via credit/debit card via our payment provider, Stripe.
*Harmonise Access Grant – New for 2023*
The cost of living crisis is affecting many of us and in a bid to help (in some way), we have decided to offer grants of up to £650 for up to 4 students per teacher training course in 2023. If you have been considering embarking on your Pilates teacher training journey and funds are holding you back from pursuing your dreams, then please complete this application form now and we will be in touch with the next steps after an assessment has been made … we’re all in this together!
If you have questions about this, please get in touch with email@example.com
To access the Early-Bird offer, free taster classes and to arrange a call with Clare, you can sign up here.
Or if you’re ready to start your journey: