Pilates Teacher Training
200 hour accredited Pilates L3 course
course content | about your tutors | course dates & venue | course investment & application
Since 2014, we have delivered over 23 successful Pilates teacher trainings with excellent feedback and we are consistently evolving to improve our students learning experience. Our training goes beyond the criteria set by YMCA Awards to ensure you have the skills, experience and confidence to begin teaching successfully straight away.
As the health industry continues to grow, so too does its number of teachers. We understand that as a Pilates teacher, the quality of knowledge and ability to teach must be of the highest standard and it is our goal to ensure you reach it.
As specialists in this field, we know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them.
If you are looking to earn a living from your passion and want to train to teach Pilates in a professional, sustainable, knowledgeable and inspirational way, then Harmonise Training Academy is for you.
Our courses take place at Revitalise who host a variety of leading Pilates and Yoga teachers in the area.
Want to find out more about our Pilates Teacher Training Course?
- Free taster classes
- An interactive course overview & FAQs
- Free access to our online studio
- A free zoom call with lead tutor, Clare
- and more…
course content & structure
Whilst our courses have been created to fit in with busy lives, you’ll also have time to process and practice what you learn as you train with us so you will be confident and sought after from day 1.
We have many success stories of graduates who are turning classes away and/or handing notices in on full time jobs to teach Pilates full time after only 6 months of graduation!
Throughout the course you’ll have both practical training weekends, as well as online modules / home learning to complete in order to gain your certification.
9 days face to face training will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology to ensure you are prepared before sitting the theory L3 paper
- Embodiment of anatomy and physiology to the exercises
- Breakdown of each exercise in the Pilates repetoire
- Modifications and adaptations
- Lesson plans
- Use of props
- Verbal, imagery and tactile cues
- Teaching skills
- Observational skills
- Posture assessments
- Teaching practice in pairs
- Programming a Pilates teaching session
- Delivering a Pilates teaching session
- Business of Pilates
- Practical teaching experience & feedback to a small class
- Mock practical assessment prior to your final practical assessment to ensure you are fully prepared
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and a case study
Online Course modules:
- L3 Anatomy and physiology for exercise & health
- L2 Applied anatomy & physiology
- L2 Providing a positive experience in the exercise environment
- L2 Lifestyle management & health awareness
- L2 Principles of Planning & delivering group exercise
Reading lists will be sent out after the course deposit is received.
*Please note that a required resource, the STOTT Pilates manual, is £60 and is not included in your course price. It is however, an excellent manual and will serve you throughout your whole Pilates career.
EARLY BIRD OFFER
BOOK BY 5th AUGUST!
Save £450 with payment in full
Save £350 on a payment plan*
Autumn Course starts September 2023
*Spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down
To help support your home study and continuing development as a teacher and practitioner, all Harmonise teacher trainees will receive 6 months free access to our online studio. Our online studio hosts a variety of different class styles and offers over 135 class recordings and counting!
To get 1 month’s FREE access to the online studio right now, details of our early-bird discount offer, video FAQs and class tasters, register here – we’ll send you all the details in a couple of emails.
While there are no pre-requisites for our courses, we do recommend that each applicant has a genuine interest in Pilates and health & wellbeing, has good body awareness and attends regular classes.
If you already hold YMCA Awards L2 mandatory units and YMCA Awards level 3 anatomy & physiology, please let us know as you will not need to repeat these if they were sat within the last 3 years.
Our courses are Level 3 and are accredited by Central YMCA Qualifications (YMCA Awards).
YMCA Awards offers the UK’s most diverse suite of health and fitness qualifications. The qualifications are based upon over 25 years of industry expertise and have been developed with the input of training providers, employers and fitness professionals.
The qualifications are Government approved (on the QCF and/or the NQF) and are sought after by employers. Successful completion of this course will allow also you entry onto the REPS register at Level 3 which is recognised internationally. These marks of quality assure both employers and clients that your training and knowledge is of the highest standard possible, and help you to be able to share your passion for teaching with a wider client base.
about your tutors
Clare Francis is your lead Pilates tutor & assessor. Former owner of Revitalise and founder of Harmonise Training Academy, she has over 22 years industry experience, trained with STOTT pilates and has received excellent feedback from the 23 training courses she has delivered so far.
Stacey Beattie is co-lead Pilates tutor & assessor. She also completed her training with Harmonise Training Academy and has been under the mentorship of Clare ever since. Stacey quickly built up a successful career in teaching weekly Pilates classes to the point where she is having to turn work away!
course dates & venue
9 days of face to face practical training are organised over 3 long weekends in addition to pre-course learning.
Autumn Course Dates:
September 16th – 17th
October 13th / 14th / 15th
November 17th / 18th / 19th
January 14th 2024
Teacher Training venue:
All courses take place at Revitalise (Yoga, Movement & Wellbeing studios)
Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Each day is 9am – 5pm.
You will be required to attend an assessment day either on the last day of the course or at a later date to be agreed. You will hand in your completed case study 6 weeks after the last training weekend.
Your investment includes:
- online modules and email support for these as needed
- all course materials and manuals*
- tuition, tutor and peer support group throughout the face to face training,
- any-time support and help from our team for the full duration of the course
- ongoing support via our private teacher community Facebook group upon graduation
- potential teaching opportunities available at Revitalise.
- 6 months FREE access to the Harmonise online studio boasting a library of over 130 Pilates, barre and yoga classes – worth £114! (this is in addition to the 30 day free trial, so 7 months free in total) – Take a sneak peek here.
- FREE £100 voucher that you can use towards ANY CPD course
*You will need to purchase 1 book in addition to the course price
Course fee: £2,150
Early Bird option 1 – Payment in Full: Book 6+ weeks before the face to face training and pay £1,700 (save £450)
Early Bird Option 2 – Pay in two parts (Deposit + Balance) = Total of £1,800 (save £350)
– Pay £600 deposit on booking, remaining balance of £1,200 due 6 weeks before first course date.
You can also pay by monthly standing order (contract signed)
Set up a standing order and spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down and you will benefit from the early bird discount – £1,800 (save £350).
Payments can be made by bank transfer or we can send you a link to pay via credit/debit card via our payment provider, Stripe.
If you have questions about fees, payment plans and/or grants, please get in touch with email@example.com
Grants of up to £650 for up to 4 students per PTT intake
The cost of living crisis is affecting many of us and in a bid to help (in some way), we now offer grants.
If you have been considering embarking on your teacher training journey and funds are holding you back from pursuing your dreams, then please complete an application form now.
We will be in touch with the next steps after an assessment has been made.
To access the Early-Bird offer, free taster classes and to arrange a call with Clare, you can sign up here.
Or if you’re ready to start your journey:
10 reasons to train with Harmonise Training Academy
- Our 200 hour courses are accredited with YMCA Awards, give you access to REPS register at level 3 and are CIMSPA endorsed
- We offer up to £450 discount for early bird bookings when you sign up through our enquiry form. We also have payment plans to spread the cost at no additional charge
- Our courses go beyond the criteria necessary for qualification to ensure you have the skills and confidence to gain work straight away. We don’t just want you to pass your exams – we want you to succeed in the industry and that’s where we go the extra mile.
- Earn a living out of doing something you enjoy – between £25-£100+ per hour. Be your own boss and have flexible working hours
- We will ensure you get lots of teaching practice and give feedback to improve your skills and increase your confidence during your course
- You will be confident and able to teach in gyms, spas, specialist studios, therapy centres, online, one to one clients and / or set up your own business after completion of our courses
- We are a small business specialising in the courses we deliver. We keep numbers on the course to a maximum of 10 to ensure you get the time and attention you deserve to ensure you develop and grow throughout the course
- Your tutors are truly experts in their fields with 15,000 of practical hours in their specialist subject between them and they are all experienced in running their own successful businesses
- Our face to face training is 9 full days 9am – 5pm in addition to home learning and teaching practice. This is necessary to ensure you attract clients and gain work easily after graduation. We have been in the business for 22 years and can immediately tell when someone has attended a shorter course with fewer days / hours of face to face training. We have set our course up to ensure you have enough time and support to develop your teaching skills, build confidence, and gain the practical experience and understanding required to become a good, reputable teacher from the outset
- We know what it takes to succeed in the industry and we will be passing all of our knowledge onto you. There will also be possible work opportunities at Revitalise after successful completion of the course.