Yoga teacher training
Harmonise Training Academy is a 200hr & 300hr Yoga Alliance registered training school (RTS). Our courses take place at Revitalise who host a wide range of experienced yoga and pilates teachers offering a variety of classes to the local community. Now in our 8th year, we have delivered over 22 successful yoga teacher trainings with excellent feedback and we are consistently evolving to improve our students learning experience. We know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them. Our 200 hour yoga alliance registered course is assessed by qualified assessors to guarantee high standards, and goes beyond the assessment criteria set by Yoga Alliance to ensure you have the skills, experience and confidence to begin teaching successfully straight away. All of our recent graduates were teaching in some capacity within 2 weeks of passing their practical assessment – yes, that’s 100%. Should you need to isolate during the course dates & times, we can arrange Zoom access from home.
Interested in finding out more about 200hr Yoga Teacher Training?
Sign up here for:
- Free taster classes
- An interactive course overview & your burning questions answered
- Free access to our online studio
- A call with Clare to discuss the Teacher Training programme
- And more…
Training with Harmonise
The Harmonise Training Academy 200 hour Yoga teacher training is an in-depth and comprehensive Hatha and Vinyasa flow course designed to deepen your knowledge of Yoga, enhance self development and start a successful career in teaching.
- We have a maximum of 12 students on each course, ensuring you receive a high level of tutor interaction and expert instruction throughout.
- You will be teaching from the first weekend, and we split the group into 2 or 3 smaller groups across 2 or 3 studios.
- We bring in extra assessors so you have the opportunity to practice teaching to a small group of students with individual feedback throughout the course.
As Yoga becomes ever more popular, the position as a teacher is more sought-after too. While the quantity of teachers grows, Harmonise Training Academy believes it is the quality of teaching that matters most.
We believe this stands us apart from other training schools and we feel very proud to see how much our students learn and grow from this experience. We are delighted that many students who join the course for self-development end up teaching as their confidence grows so much!
Clare Francis founder of Harmonise Training Academy is a lead tutor on the course. She has over 22 years industry experience, has completed over 900 hours of yoga alliance teacher trainings including vinyasa flow, ashtanga, yin, meditation, somatic yoga for healing and recovery, Yoga Nidra, pre-natal, adjustments, yoga for cancer, fascia & anatomy (including dissections) and updates her knowledge by regularly attending workshops and courses. Clare has delivered over 23 successful teacher trainings and has been described by past students as ‘inspiring’, ‘encouraging’ and ‘supportive’.
Brydie Rowan joins the Harmonise tutor team with over 2,300 hours of teaching mindful vinyasa flow classes and 4 years work experience on a teacher training specialising in the delivery of History, Philosophy and Asana. Brydie has established herself as a sought after teacher in and around Brighton with a full timetable of popular and busy classes.
If you are looking to earn a living from your passion and want to train to teach Yoga in a professional, sustainable, knowledgeable and inspirational way, then Harmonise Training Academy is for you. Whilst our courses have been created to fit in with busy lives, you’ll still have time to process and practice what you learn as you train with us so you’ll be confident and sought after from day 1.
Throughout the course, you will…
Attend 12 days of face to face training
Complete an additional 70 hours of yoga practice with a Yoga Alliance registered teacher or equivalent keeping a journal of your practice.
Do approximately 100 hours of self study which you will receive manuals for.*
You will need to purchase 2 books for the course and we will also send you a reading list for recommended reading. We strongly advise you get started on the pre course learning as soon as you pay your deposit.
In total, you will complete approximately 300 hours of tutor contact and home study.
*Reading lists and manuals will be sent out after course deposit is received.
To help support your home study and continuing development as a teacher and practitioner, we have launched an online platform whereby you will have access to over 135 recordings and counting!
The first 30 days is a completely FREE trial, no payment is taken until after this time and you can cancel at anytime. We will add classes to meet your needs throughout your training course and beyond and any live online classes offered by the tutors will be included for free.
To get access and an exclusive discount code to get an additional 10% off the monthly membership (making it £17.10p per month), register here.
- Philosophy and history of yoga
- Pranayama, chanting
- Arrival, breath, grounding practices
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
- Embodiment of Anatomy & Physiology within Asana
- Embodiment of Philosophy within Asana
- In-depth breakdown of each Asana
- Modifications & assists
- Common injuries and conditions
- Use of props
- Verbal and tactile cues
- The significance of language and communication during a class
- Observational skills – cuing to what you notice / see
- Sequencing for Hatha and Vinyasa Flow
- Health and safety
- Business of Yoga – to include in person and online opportunities
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and lesson plans
- Yoga Practice & Journaling (70 hours minimum)
- Teaching practice and feedback from a trained assessor
- Planning a yoga class
- Teaching a yoga class – practical assessment
Each applicant must have a genuine interest in yoga, health & wellbeing, have good body awareness and have attended regular yoga classes for a minimum of 2 years.
- Harmonise Training Academy is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hr RYS.
- In addition, our 200 hour courses are assessed by trained assessors following strict guidelines to ensure everyone reaches a set standard prior to teaching.
- You are also able to join the REPS register at Level 3 with your certificate
These marks of quality assure both employers and clients that your training and knowledge is of the highest standard possible, and help you to be able to share your passion for teaching with a wider client base.
All courses take place at Revitalise, Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Each day is 9am – 5pm.
Autumn Course: Starts September 2022
September 9th / 10th / 11th
October 7th / 8th / 9th
November 4th / 5th / 6th
December 2nd / 3rd / 4th
In addition to the course dates above, you will also need to…
- complete pre course learning and reading – Please note the earlier you sign up to the course the more time you will have for the pre course learning!
- attend and journal a minimum of 70 hours of yoga classes with a registered yoga alliance teacher or equivalent
- practice teaching between weekends
The price includes pre course learning with e-mail support, course materials and manuals, tuition, assessors, and any-time support and help from our team. You will also receive ongoing support via our teacher community closed Facebook group upon graduation, and there are teaching opportunities available at Revitalise. There is one compulsory book you will need to purchase and a recommended reading list you may choose to purchase from in addition to this cost.
Full price £2,400
Early Bird Option 1: Pay in Full (Book 4+ weeks before the face to face training starts):
Pay 1 lump sum of £2,060 (save £340)
Early Bird Option 2: Pay in two parts – Deposit + Balance
Pay £600 deposit on booking
Pay remaining balance of £1,560 6 weeks before first course date
Total of £2,160 (save £240)
Early Bird Option 3: Monthly standing order (contract signed)
Set up a standing order and spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course.
Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down and you will benefit from the early bird discount – £2,160 (save £240).
If your personal circumstances mean you are unable to commit to the payment options outlined above, please get in touch in the strictest of confidence and we will do our best to accommodate you.
To access the Early-Bird offer, free taster classes and to arrange a call with Clare, you can register your enquiry here.
Or if you’re ready to commit, you can book now
10 reasons to train with Harmonise Training Academy
1. Our Yoga course is registered with the Yoga Alliance, recognised worldwide and our courses will give you access to REPS / CIMSPA register at level 3.
3. We offer up to a £340 discount for early bird bookings. We also have an option for you to spread the payments of the course to make it easier for you.
4. Join our closed Facebook community group to support your learning and teaching journey after graduation with teaching opportunities and Facebook lives.
5. Our courses go beyond the criteria necessary for qualification to ensure you have the skills and confidence to gain work straight away. We don’t just want you to pass your assessments, we want you to succeed in the industry and that’s where we go the extra mile. We invest however much time is needed in each student to ensure everyone graduates with a minimum standard.
6. Earn a living out of doing something you enjoy – earn between £20-£80 per hour, be your own boss and have flexible working hours.
7. We are a small company specialising in the courses we deliver. We keep numbers on the course to a maximum of 12 to ensure you get the time and attention you deserve to ensure you develop and grow throughout the course. We ensure you spend a lot of time practicing teaching to small groups and give individual feedback to improve your skills and increase your confidence during your course.
8. You will be confident and able to teach in gyms, specialist studio’s, therapy centres, retreats, halls, one to one clients and / or set up your own business after completion of our courses.
9. Your tutors are truly experts in their fields with 15,000 of practical hours in their specialist subject between them and they are all experienced in running their own successful businesses. We know what it takes to succeed in the industry and we will be passing all of our knowledge onto you.
10. We have links with local charities and Revitalise who run community ‘by donation’ classes and there are work opportunities upon successful graduation should you wish to get involved and gain valuable teaching experience