200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
Next Course starts February 2024
Harmonise Training Academy is a 200hr & 300hr Yoga Alliance registered training school (RTS).
training with Harmonise | course structure & content | about your tutor | dates & venue | course investment | 300hr YTT
Since 2014, we have delivered over 22 successful yoga teacher trainings with excellent feedback and we are consistently evolving to improve our students learning experience.
We know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them. Our 200 hour yoga alliance registered course is assessed by qualified assessors to guarantee high standards, and goes beyond the assessment criteria set by Yoga Alliance to ensure you have the skills, experience and confidence to begin teaching successfully straight away.
All of our recent graduates were teaching in some capacity within 2 weeks of passing their practical assessment – yes, that’s 100%.
Courses take place at Revitalise in Brighton who host a wide range of experienced yoga and pilates teachers offering a variety of classes to the local community.
training with Harmonise
The Harmonise Training Academy 200 hour Yoga teacher training is an in-depth and comprehensive Hatha and Vinyasa flow course designed to deepen your knowledge of Yoga, enhance self development and start a successful career in teaching.
On our courses, we train graduates how to teach yoga in an inclusive, embodied way and include discussions around teaching through a trauma-sensitive lense, so that you can go on to teach accessible classes to a wider demographic.
- We have a maximum of 12 students on each course, ensuring you receive a high level of tutor interaction and expert instruction throughout.
- You will be teaching from the first weekend, and we split the group into 2 or 3 smaller groups across 2 or 3 studios.
- We bring in extra assessors so you have the opportunity to practice teaching to a small group of students with individual feedback throughout the course.
Want to find out more about our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course?
- Free taster classes
- An interactive course overview & FAQs
- Free access to our online studio
- A free zoom call with lead tutor, Clare
- and more…
As Yoga becomes ever more popular, the position as a teacher is more sought-after too. While the quantity of teachers grows, Harmonise Training Academy believes it is the quality of teaching that matters most.
We believe this stands us apart from other training schools and we feel very proud to see how much our students learn and grow from this experience. We are delighted that many students who join the course for self-development end up teaching as their confidence grows so much!
If you are looking to earn a living from your passion and want to train to teach Yoga in a professional, sustainable, knowledgeable and inspirational way, then Harmonise Training Academy is for you.
The course contact sessions take place in person. Whilst this is an in-person training course, as an added bonus, you will have free video access to the full course which has been recorded live in studio and which you can refer back to throughout training and beyond.
Our courses have been created to fit in with busy lives, we ensure that you’ll have time to process and practice what you learn as you train with us so you’ll be confident and sought after from day 1.
Is this course right for you? Read a bit more in this blog by Clare which covers Who the Harmonise teacher training course would suit and who it may not suit.
BOOK BY 12th JANUARY 2024!
Save £450 with payment in full
Save £350 on a payment plan*
Next Course starts February 2024
*Spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down
Throughout the course, you will…
- Attend 12 days of face to face training
- Take part in a variety of yoga practices (including introductions to Yin yoga, Yoga Nidra, Somatic yoga, Sound Healing)
- Complete an additional 70 hours of yoga practice with a Yoga Alliance registered teacher or equivalent keeping a journal of your practice.
- Do approximately 100 hours of self study which you will receive manuals for.*
- You will need to purchase 2 books for the course and we will also send you a reading list for recommended reading. We strongly advise you get started on the pre course learning as soon as you pay your deposit.
- In total, you will complete approximately 300 hours of tutor contact and home study.
- Should you need to isolate during the course dates & times, we can arrange Zoom access from home.
*Reading lists and manuals will be sent out after course deposit is received.
course structure & content
- Philosophy and history of yoga
- Meditation, Pranayama, chanting
- Arrival, breath, grounding practices
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
- In-depth breakdown of each Asana
- Embodiment of Anatomy & Physiology and Philosophy within Asana
- Common injuries and conditions
- Modifications & assists
- Use of props
- Observational skills – cuing to what you notice / see
- Verbal and tactile cues
- The significance of language and communication during a class
- Sequencing for Hatha and Vinyasa Flow
- Introductory sessions for Yin yoga, Yoga Nidra, Somatic yoga and Sound Healing
- Discussions around teaching through a trauma-sensitive lens
- Health and safety
- Business of Yoga – to include in person and online opportunities
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and lesson plans
- Yoga Practice & Journaling (70 hours minimum)
- Teaching practise and feedback from a trained assessor
- Practical assessment: teaching a yoga class
To help support your home study and continuing development as a teacher and practitioner, all Harmonise teacher trainees will receive 6 months free access to our online studio. Our online studio hosts a variety of different class styles and offers over 135 class recordings and counting!
To get 1 month’s FREE access to the online studio right now, details of our early-bird discount offer, video FAQs and class tasters, register here – we’ll send you all the details in a couple of emails.
Each applicant must have a genuine interest in yoga, health & wellbeing, have good body awareness and have attended regular yoga classes for a minimum of 2 years.
- Harmonise Training Academy is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hr RYS.
- In addition, our 200 hour courses are assessed by trained assessors following strict guidelines to ensure everyone reaches a set standard prior to teaching.
- You are also able to join the REPS register at Level 3 with your certificate
These marks of quality assure both employers and clients that your training and knowledge is of the highest standard possible, and help you to be able to share your passion for teaching with a wider client base.
about your tutor
Clare Francis founder of Harmonise Training Academy is lead tutor on the course.
Clare has delivered over 23 successful teacher trainings and has been described by past students as ‘inspiring’, ‘encouraging’ and ‘supportive’.
She has over 22 years industry experience, has completed over 900 hours of yoga alliance teacher trainings including vinyasa flow, ashtanga, yin, meditation, somatic yoga for healing and recovery, Yoga Nidra, pre-natal, adjustments, yoga for cancer, fascia & anatomy (including dissections) and updates her knowledge by regularly attending workshops and courses.
Clare made me fall in love again with Yoga, the possibilities, the concept, the journeys are endless, and it was beautiful to be reminded and guided with such a gentleness, inner wisdom and intellectual knowledge.Paco, YTT Graduate, 2023
dates & venue
“Beautiful, calm and clean space. All the equipment needed and in good/new order.“Feedback on the venue, Revitalise, 2022
2024 Spring Course Dates:
February 23rd / 24th / 25th
March 22nd / 23rd / 24th
April 26th / 27th / 28th
May 17th / 18th / 19th
Teacher Training venue:
All courses take place at Revitalise (Yoga, Movement & Wellbeing studios)
Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Each day is 9am – 5pm.
In addition to attending on the course dates above, you will also need to:
- complete pre course learning and reading – Please note the earlier you sign up to the course the more time you will have for the pre course learning!
- attend and journal a minimum of 70 hours of yoga classes with a registered yoga alliance teacher or equivalent
- practice teaching between weekends
Your investment includes:
- pre course learning with e-mail support
- course materials and manuals*
- tuition, assessors, and any-time support and help from our team
- ongoing support via our teacher community closed Facebook group upon graduation
- potential teaching opportunities available at Revitalise, Brighton
- 6 months FREE access to the Harmonise online studio – worth £114! (this is in addition to the 30 day free trial, so 7 months free in total) – Take a sneak peek here.
- FREE lifetime access to the entire teacher training course recorded live
- FREE £100 voucher that you can use towards ANY CPD course
*There is one compulsory book you will need to purchase and a recommended reading list you may choose to purchase from in addition to this cost.
Course fee: £2,750
Early Bird option 1 – Payment in Full: Book 6+ weeks before the face to face training and pay £2,300 (save £450)
Early Bird Option 2 – Pay in two parts (Deposit + Balance) = Total of £2,400 (save £350)
– Pay £600 deposit on booking, remaining balance of £1,800 due 6 weeks before first course date.
You can also pay by monthly standing order (contract signed)
Set up a standing order and spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down and you will benefit from the early bird discount – £2,400 (save £350).
Payments can be made by bank transfer or we can send you a link to pay via credit/debit card via our payment provider, Stripe.
If you have questions about fees, payment plans and/or grants, please get in touch with email@example.com
Grants of up to £750 for up to 4 students per YTT intake
The cost of living crisis is affecting many of us and in a bid to help (in some way), we now offer grants.
If you have been considering embarking on your teacher training journey and funds are holding you back from pursuing your dreams, then please complete an application form now.
We will be in touch with the next steps after an assessment has been made.
To access the Early-Bird offer, free taster classes and to arrange a call with Clare, you can sign up here to receive this and more in a couple of emails.
Or if you’re ready to get started…
10 reasons to train with Harmonise Training Academy
1. Our Yoga course is registered with the Yoga Alliance, recognised worldwide and after completion of your 200hr foundation training, you have the option to complete your 500hr Advanced certification with us too.
2. We offer up to a £450 discount for early bird bookings. We understand that many people are not in a position to pay full fees upfront which is why we also offer payment plans allowing you to spread your investment over the duration of the course.
3. Our courses go beyond the criteria necessary for qualification to ensure you have the skills and confidence to gain work straight away. We don’t just want you to pass your assessments, we want you to succeed in the industry and that’s where we go the extra mile. We invest however much time is needed in each student to ensure everyone graduates with a minimum standard.
4. We are a small business specialising in the courses we deliver. We keep numbers on the course to a maximum of 12 to ensure you get the time and attention you deserve to ensure you develop and grow throughout the course.
5. We ensure you spend a lot of time practicing teaching to small groups and give individual feedback to improve your skills and increase your confidence during your course.
6. You will be confident and able to teach in gyms, specialist studios, therapy centres, retreats, halls, one to one clients and / or set up your own business after completion of our courses.
7. Your tutors are truly experts in their fields with 15,000 of practical hours in their specialist subject between them. They are all experienced in running their own successful businesses. We know what it takes to succeed in the industry and we will be passing all of our knowledge onto you.
8. We don’t just offer the 200hr course and say goodbye. We offer a wide range of continuing professional development opportunities, from afternoon workshops to short-courses. These allow you to develop your skills and niche down so you can stand out in the industry and specialise in a specific area of teaching.
9. We have links with local charities and Revitalise who run community ‘by donation’ classes. There are work opportunities upon successful graduation should you wish to get involved and gain valuable teaching experience.
10. We have a private Facebook community group to support your learning and teaching journey after graduation. Teaching opportunities and other offers and opportunities for continued learning and development are shared here.