200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
training with Harmonise | course structure & content | about your tutor | dates & venue | course investment
Harmonise Training Academy is a 200hr & 300hr Yoga Alliance registered training school (RTS).
Our courses take place at Revitalise who host a wide range of experienced yoga and pilates teachers offering a variety of classes to the local community. Now in our 8th year, we have delivered over 22 successful yoga teacher trainings with excellent feedback and we are consistently evolving to improve our students learning experience. We know how important quality training is, what expectations of clients are and how to meet them. Our 200 hour yoga alliance registered course is assessed by qualified assessors to guarantee high standards, and goes beyond the assessment criteria set by Yoga Alliance to ensure you have the skills, experience and confidence to begin teaching successfully straight away. All of our recent graduates were teaching in some capacity within 2 weeks of passing their practical assessment – yes, that’s 100%.
training with Harmonise
The Harmonise Training Academy 200 hour Yoga teacher training is an in-depth and comprehensive Hatha and Vinyasa flow course designed to deepen your knowledge of Yoga, enhance self development and start a successful career in teaching.
- We have a maximum of 12 students on each course, ensuring you receive a high level of tutor interaction and expert instruction throughout.
- You will be teaching from the first weekend, and we split the group into 2 or 3 smaller groups across 2 or 3 studios.
- We bring in extra assessors so you have the opportunity to practice teaching to a small group of students with individual feedback throughout the course.
As Yoga becomes ever more popular, the position as a teacher is more sought-after too. While the quantity of teachers grows, Harmonise Training Academy believes it is the quality of teaching that matters most.
We believe this stands us apart from other training schools and we feel very proud to see how much our students learn and grow from this experience. We are delighted that many students who join the course for self-development end up teaching as their confidence grows so much!
If you are looking to earn a living from your passion and want to train to teach Yoga in a professional, sustainable, knowledgeable and inspirational way, then Harmonise Training Academy is for you.
Whilst our courses have been created to fit in with busy lives, you’ll still have time to process and practice what you learn as you train with us so you’ll be confident and sought after from day 1.
The course contact sessions take place in person. Whilst this is an in-person training course, as an added bonus, you will have free video access to the full course which has been recorded live in studio and which you can refer back to throughout training and beyond.
Throughout the course, you will…
- Attend 12 days of face to face training
- Complete an additional 70 hours of yoga practice with a Yoga Alliance registered teacher or equivalent keeping a journal of your practice.
- Do approximately 100 hours of self study which you will receive manuals for.*
- You will need to purchase 2 books for the course and we will also send you a reading list for recommended reading. We strongly advise you get started on the pre course learning as soon as you pay your deposit.
- In total, you will complete approximately 300 hours of tutor contact and home study.
- Should you need to isolate during the course dates & times, we can arrange Zoom access from home.
*Reading lists and manuals will be sent out after course deposit is received.
course structure & content
- Philosophy and history of yoga
- Pranayama, chanting
- Arrival, breath, grounding practices
- Anatomy and physiology for yoga teachers
- Embodiment of Anatomy & Physiology within Asana
- Embodiment of Philosophy within Asana
- In-depth breakdown of each Asana
- Modifications & assists
- Common injuries and conditions
- Use of props
- Verbal and tactile cues
- The significance of language and communication during a class
- Observational skills – cuing to what you notice / see
- Sequencing for Hatha and Vinyasa Flow
- Health and safety
- Business of Yoga – to include in person and online opportunities
- Building a portfolio of teaching practice and lesson plans
- Yoga Practice & Journaling (70 hours minimum)
- Teaching practice and feedback from a trained assessor
- Planning a yoga class
- Teaching a yoga class – practical assessment
To help support your home study and continuing development as a teacher and practitioner, we have launched an online platform whereby you will have access to over 135 recordings and counting!
From January 2023 – All Harmonise teacher trainees will receive 6 months free access to our online studio ON TOP of the first 30 days FREE trial offered on sign-up.
To get access to taster classes, FAQs and and more details about Harmonise Teacher training courses, register here and we’ll send you all the details in a couple of emails.
Each applicant must have a genuine interest in yoga, health & wellbeing, have good body awareness and have attended regular yoga classes for a minimum of 2 years.
- Harmonise Training Academy is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200 hr RYS.
- In addition, our 200 hour courses are assessed by trained assessors following strict guidelines to ensure everyone reaches a set standard prior to teaching.
- You are also able to join the REPS register at Level 3 with your certificate
These marks of quality assure both employers and clients that your training and knowledge is of the highest standard possible, and help you to be able to share your passion for teaching with a wider client base.
about your tutor
Clare Francis founder of Harmonise Training Academy is lead tutor on the course. She has over 22 years industry experience, has completed over 900 hours of yoga alliance teacher trainings including vinyasa flow, ashtanga, yin, meditation, somatic yoga for healing and recovery, Yoga Nidra, pre-natal, adjustments, yoga for cancer, fascia & anatomy (including dissections) and updates her knowledge by regularly attending workshops and courses. Clare has delivered over 23 successful teacher trainings and has been described by past students as ‘inspiring’, ‘encouraging’ and ‘supportive’.
dates & venue
All courses take place at Revitalise, Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Each day is 9am – 5pm.
“Beautiful, calm and clean space. All the equipment needed and in good/new order.“Feedback on the venue, 2022
Course dates 2023:
January Course Dates
January 20th / 21st / 22nd
March 3rd / 4th / 5th
March 24th / 25th / 26th
May 5th / 6th / 7th
Spring/Summer Course Dates:
March 10th / 11th / 12th
April 21st / 22nd / 23rd
May 19th / 20th/ 21st
June 23rd / 24th / 25th
In addition to the course dates above, you will also need to…
- complete pre course learning and reading – Please note the earlier you sign up to the course the more time you will have for the pre course learning!
- attend and journal a minimum of 70 hours of yoga classes with a registered yoga alliance teacher or equivalent
- practice teaching between weekends
The course fee includes:
- pre course learning with e-mail support
- course materials and manuals*
- access to video recordings of the teacher training course filmed live in studio, which you can refer to throughout your course
- tuition, assessors, and any-time support and help from our team
- ongoing support via our teacher community closed Facebook group upon graduation
- potential teaching opportunities available at Revitalise
From 2023 – Trainees will also get the following additional bonuses:
- 6 months FREE access to the Harmonise online studio – worth £114! (this is in addition to the 30 day free trial, so 7 months free in total) – Take a sneak peek here.
- FREE lifetime access to the entire course recorded live (including FREE bonus content which may be added over time)
- FREE £100 voucher that you can use towards ANY CPD course
*There is one compulsory book you will need to purchase and a recommended reading list you may choose to purchase from in addition to this cost.
2023 course fee: £2,750
Early Bird option 1 – Payment in Full: Book 6+ weeks before the face to face training and pay £2,300 (save £450)
Early Bird Option 2 – Pay in two parts (Deposit + Balance) = Total of £2,400 (save £350)
– Pay £600 deposit on booking, remaining balance of £1,800 due 6 weeks before first course date.
You can also pay by monthly standing order (contract signed)
Set up a standing order and spread payments equally from the month you sign up until the END of the course. Signing up early will bring your monthly commitment down and you will benefit from the early bird discount – £2,400 (save £350).
Payments can be made by bank transfer or we can send you a link to pay via credit/debit card via our payment provider, Stripe.
If your personal circumstances mean you are unable to commit to the payment options outlined above, please get in touch in the strictest of confidence and we will do our best to accommodate you.
To access the Early-Bird offer, free taster classes and to arrange a call with Clare, you can register your enquiry here.
Or if you’re ready to get started…