Sequencing & teaching skills CPD
This course is aimed at yoga teachers who would like to develop their teaching skills, transitions, sequencing around themes, peak poses, creative flows, intuitive flows, moon flows, energetic flows, mirroring, observational skills and hone the skill of teaching ‘off the mat’. This course will include a lot of teaching practice with support & feedback, as well as a daily practice to deepen your yoga practice. You will walk away with many new lesson plans, ideas and inspiration that you can incorporate into your classes straight away.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what makes a class well sequenced – consider anatomy, energetics, theme, flow, balance, fluidity. Look at common / popular sequences
- Explore further the art of sequencing to accommodate mixed levels
- Be more confident and creative in theming a class around a peak pose that is intelligent, creative and anatomically & energetically sound and practice doing so
- Be more confident and creative in theming a class around a theme that is intelligent, creative and anatomically & energetically sound. Themes to include hip openers, heart openers / back bends, forward folds, core, twists, inversions, balance, breath, space, prana, moon phase. To include practice
- Learn new transitions that weren’t included in the 200hr teacher training which will make your classes more creative and seamless.
- Learn new poses and add-ons that you can use for different themes that weren’t included on the 200hr training
- Mirror with more confidence – we will discuss and practice mirroring your students and moving around the room. This will help your observational skills and associated teaching points / assists.
- Think on the spot – tweak a lesson plan according to who turns up to your class and practice intuitive teaching – creating a sequence on the day according to your student’s needs – we will practice this
- Teach ‘off of the mat’ – we will practice teaching off of the mat you will learn technique’s and tips for helping you to build your confidence in being able to do this. This will help your observational skills and associated teaching points / assists.
- Hone your use of voice and language
- You will take part in a daily yoga practice and be given a copy of the sequence for your own use and learning purposes.
- There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions on any situation that may have arisen during your teaching experience to date
Minimum 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent with some teaching experience. We recommend you are currently teaching in some capacity so you can incorporate what you learn straight away. This course would also be suitable for someone who has had a break from teaching and would like to build their confidence or who feels they would benefit from further support and small group practice
About your tutor
Clare Francis has been teaching movement based classes for over 20 years. She is a Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT and teaches beginners, hatha, ashtanga and vinyasa flow yoga. Her understanding of anatomy and philosophy informs her lesson planning as well as reading the students in the room. Clare is known for offering detailed individual feedback to support, encourage and develop students as they continue their learning journey. She is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a course that takes your teaching skills to the next level
This course will include a lot of teaching practice and lesson planning. You will teach a mini class on the last day and receive feedback and you will also complete and hand in a worksheet and 2 lesson plans 4 weeks after the course has finished.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Harmonise certificate for 40 hours CPD OR 40 hours towards your 300hr advanced YTT
Course Dates: 11th – 14th October 9.30am – 4.30pm
Course Price: £528 Early bird: £480
E.mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07951806044 to register your interest of for more information