hands on assists & observing posture | for yoga teachers
This highly practical 2-day course is aimed at Yoga teachers who wish to improve their observational skills, and grow their confidence in the use of touch and hands on assists to inform their teaching and offer a more fruitful and personal teaching approach.
Students often let me know how much they appreciate it when I offer a hands-on assist, and many have mentioned I’m the first person to ever do that in their class! This is an opportunity to increase your confidence, practice, ask questions, stand out and offer something a little extra, especially after such a long period of separation, isolation and lack of touch!
You will receive a detailed manual with images and explanations of a multitude of assists that you will practice throughout the course. By the end of this course, you will:
- understand the ethics around use of touch, gaining consent and safety considerations
- understand the purpose and intention behind the use of touch in a class
- understand when touch may not be the best approach
- understand the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication when assisting with touch
- understand the importance of observation, intuition, grounding, breath and feedback during assistsBe able to distinguish between touch for relaxation / massage; touch to assist alignment / increase ease, and touch to take someone deeper into a pose
- have reviewed anatomy, core and alignment and how to incorporate this knowledge when using touch
- learned about the nervous system and hands on assists …. Where is your gauge set?
- reviewed posture and how to incorporate this knowledge when offering assists
- have taken part in a daily practice with a teacher offering assists
- have had a lot of practice in giving and receiving assists with feedback to grow your confidence
- be confident to start using assists straight away – and to also know your limits
Minimum 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent and some teaching experience. It would be ideal to be teaching in some capacity so you can start incorporating what you learn straight away, although this is not essential.
You will be required to complete a worksheet; practice assists and keep a reflective journal of 5 classes where you offered assists which you will hand in 4 weeks after completion of the course
You will receive a Harmonise Training Academy certificate which can either be used for 20 CPD hours OR towards your 300hr advanced yoga teacher training with Harmonise
about your tutor
Clare Francis has over 23 years industry experience and has always been ‘hands on’ in her approach! She is Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT, a Yoga Alliance CEP, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10-day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018, holds reiki 1 and is intuitive in her approach. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 8 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor. Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a course that informs, inspires and grows your confidence in observing and offering hands on assists and guidance where appropriate
dates & venue
2022 Course dates: 24th & 25th November, 9.30am – 5pm
Held at: Revitalise, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Early bird: £260 Full price: £295 | Early-bird discount available until 13th October
There is an option to spread payments in 4 monthly instalments when booking 4 months or more ahead of the course.
Got questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org