Meditation & Pranayama Course
Take part in led pranayama & meditation sessions and then practice teaching so you are confident in being able to lead simple and affective meditations and pranayama practices in your classes and to also incorporate into your personal practice
By the end of this course you will:
- Have reviewed the lineage, benefits and precautions associated with meditation & pranayama
- Understand how and when to introduce pranayama and meditation into a class, workshop or retreat
- Have reviewed the anatomy of the breath, nervous system, suitable posture and conditions for pranayama and meditation
- Learn practices that can support symptoms of Long Covid, Asthma & breathlessness
- Be aware of holding space, smell, sound, light and comfort during pranayama and meditations
- Discuss and understand ‘mindfulness’, it’s relationship to ‘presence’, current scientific research & benefits and how it relates to meditation
- Have taken part in and practiced teaching various body scans
- Have taken part in 10 different simple concentration methods and practiced teaching them
- Have taken part in 5 simple pranayama methods and practiced teaching them
- Have experienced reflective meditation and practiced teaching this
- Be able to add affirmations, quotes, poems, meditations and pranayama around a given class / workshop theme
- Have practiced suitable voice, tone, projection, pace when leading meditation and pranayama
- Received a detailed manual of all of the theory, techniques, methods, benefits, contraindications, affirmations and scripts
- Be inspired and confident to start incorporating these practices into your own practice, daily life and teachings upon successful completion of this course
Course pre-requisites: 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent. You may attend this course for personal development and receive a certificate of attendance
about your tutor
Louise Windsor has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin, meditation, breath work and energetics is her passion. After growing up with asthma, learning how to breath well has been a life long journey for her. Louise teaches regular classes, workshops, retreats and teacher trainings and incorporates energetics into all of her teachings which are highly accessible. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students. Louise is Yoga Alliance 500 RYT CEP registered and is a Senior teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) which means she has taught over 3000 hours and is a continuing education provider.
Course Assessment: During the course you will take part in a practical assessment with feedback. You will submit a completed worksheet, submit a 30 minute plan, reflection on having taught it and journal on experience on incorporating the techniques learned after the course.
Certification: You will receive a Harmonise Training certificate for 25 hours CPD. Yoga Alliance registered students can use these hour for CPD OR 300hr advanced training with Harmonise. Those attending for personal development will receive a Harmonise certificate of attendance and won’t be qualified to teach.
dates & venue
12th – 14th April 2024, 10am – 5pm
Venue: Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton and Hove.
£395 Early bird: £360 – Early bird discount ends 1st March 2024
Payment plan available – Spread your investment over 4 months. You can choose this option when completing your registration.
Got Questions? Contact: email@example.com