Sequencing, teaching skills & enhancing self-practice CPD
This practical course is set to get your creative juices flowing, offer inspiration, save you time and take your teaching skills to the next level. And as you only really teach from your own experience, we will also explore how you can enhance or re-ignite your self-practice.
This course will be student led …. You can submit lesson plans ahead of the course for Clare to review and feedback on, you can request a particular theme or class you’d like us to plan together during the course, the group can choose any theme and Clare will create a lesson plan on the spot and talk through her thinking process, and you can bring any questions with you related to any aspect of teaching skills, sequencing and self-practice. For anyone who records classes, we can discuss theming and sequencing for short / recorded classes too!
This course will cover:
- What makes a class well sequenced – consider anatomy, energetics, theme, flow, balance, fluidity, specificity, transitions, knowing your audience.
- A look at popular sequences, set sequences and discussion around these
- Further exploration into the art of sequencing to accommodate mixed levels
- Gaining more confidence and creativity in theming a class around a peak pose that is intelligent, creative and anatomically & energetically sound
- Sequencing themes decided by the group which may include hip openers, heart openers, forward folds, core, twists, inversions, balance, breath, space, yama’s, niyama’s, emotional well-being, an injury or limitation, moon phase.
- New transitions that are not included in the Harmonise 200hr teacher training which will make your classes more creative and seamless.
- Learning asana that are great for linking postures
- Discuss sequencing for short classes and recorded classes – share recordings with your clients, or add to your online content
- Thinking on the spot – tweak a lesson plan according to who turns up to your class and practice intuitive teaching
- Practise teaching ‘off the mat’ and learn techniques and tips to build your confidence in being able to do this.
- Observational skills and associated teaching points / assists.
- We will discuss and practice mirroring your students and moving around the room.
- Sequencing for your own self-practice
During the course
- There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions on any situation that may have arisen during your teaching experience to date as well as from your own person practice perspective.
- Clare will share tips and suggestions for you to enhance your self-practice, we will also discuss obstacles to a self-practice and how to overcome them.
- You will create a lesson plan for yourself as a self-reflection practice, observing what your needs are from a physical, energetic and time perspective (as part of understanding self), and set your own intentions.
You will leave with
- A variety of lesson plans and creative ideas that you can incorporate into your classes straight away.
- Clare will give you access to different types of classes she has recorded that she feels will benefit the group following the course, with associated lesson plans.
- If the group is happy to share the lesson plans they submit as part of the training course, then they will be shared giving you access to a whole range of lesson plans …… what fun!
- Minimum 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent with some teaching experience.
- We recommend you are currently teaching in some capacity so you can incorporate what you learn straight away.
This course would also be suitable for someone who has had a break from teaching and would like to build their confidence or who feels they would benefit from further support and small group practice. It would also be a fantastic addition to anyone who has completed an online teacher training course and would like to learn the skills to be able to teach in person as well as enhance their observation and teaching skills.
- This course will include optional teaching practice and lesson planning.
- You will complete and submit 5 lesson plans with a reflection after teaching them, within 4 weeks after the course has finished.
Certification & Accreditation
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Harmonise certificate for 20 hours CPD
- OR 20 hours towards your 300hr advanced YTT
about your tutor
Clare Francis has been teaching movement-based classes for over 23 years. She is a Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT and teaches beginners, hatha, ashtanga, vinyasa flow, Yin, Somatic yoga and Yoga Nidra. Her understanding of anatomy, philosophy and integration informs her lesson planning as well as reading the students in the room. Clare is known for offering detailed individual feedback to support, encourage and develop students as they continue their learning journey. She is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a course that takes your teaching skills to the next level
course dates & venue
2023 Course dates: coming soon… If you’d like more info or to register your interest in this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Held at: Revitalise, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
Early bird: £260 Full Price: £295
Got questions? Contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any queries you may have.