hands on assists & observing posture workshop
This 3 hour workshop is aimed at Yoga teachers who wish to improve their observational skills, and grow their confidence in the use of touch and hands on assists to inform their teaching and offer a more fruitful and personal teaching approach.
Students often let me know how much they appreciate it when I offer a hands-on assist, and many have mentioned I’m the first person to ever do that in their class!
- Understand the ethics around use of touch, gaining consent and safety considerations
- Understand the purpose and intention behind the use of touch in a class
- Understand when touch may not be the best approach
- Understand the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication when assisting with touch
- Understand the importance of observation, intuition, grounding, breath and feedback during assists.
- Be able to distinguish between touch for relaxation / massage; touch to assist alignment / increase ease, and touch to take someone deeper into a pose
- Review anatomy, core and alignment and how to incorporate this knowledge when using touch
- Learn about the nervous system and hands on assists …. Where is your gauge set?
- Review posture and how to incorporate this knowledge when offering assists
- practise giving and receiving assists with feedback to grow your confidence
- Be confident to start using assists straight away – and to also know your limits
about your tutor
Clare Francis has over 23 years industry experience and has always been ‘hands on’ in her approach! She is Yoga Alliance E-500 RYT, a Yoga Alliance CEP, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10-day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018, holds reiki 1 and is intuitive in her approach. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 8 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor. Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering courses and workshops that inform, inspire and grow your confidence in observing and offering hands on assists and guidance where appropriate.
When? Tuesday 21st February, 2-5pm.
Where? at Revitalise, Brighton & Hove
Who? This workshop is aimed at Pilates and Yoga teachers as well as fitness instructors, personal trainers and movement teachers.
Certification: All attendees will receive a 3 hour CPD certificate from Harmonise Training Academy.
Investment: £75 / £65 early bird – book by 31st January!
Equipment required: Yoga mat (available to borrow or bring your own).
Got questions? Contact: email@example.com