Observing posture and hands on assists
This is an opportunity to increase your confidence, practice, ask questions, stand out and offer something a little extra, especially after such a long period of separation, isolation and lack of touch!
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the ethics around use of touch, gaining consent and safety consideration
- Understand the purpose and intention behind the use of touch in a class
- Understand when touch may not be the best approach
- Understand when and how props can be used as an alternative to hands on assists
- Understand the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication when assisting with touch
- Understand the importance of observation, grounding, breath and feedback during assists
- Review of anatomy, core and alignment and how to incorporate this knowledge when using touch
- Review of breath and posture and how to incorporate this knowledge when offering assists
- Receive a detailed manual with images and explanations of a multitude of assists that you will practice during the workshop
- Increase your confidence to begin using hands on assists straight away
About your tutor
Clare Francis has over 23 years industry experience and has always been ‘hands on’ in her approach! She is Stott trained, qualified in sports, deep tissue and remedial massage with LSSM, completed a 10-day moving fascia embodied anatomy course in 2018 and is an experienced Pilates and yoga teacher. She has been successfully delivering teacher trainings for 8 years and is a qualified adult tutor and assessor. Clare is looking forward to bringing together all of her knowledge and teaching experience with the intention of delivering a workshop that informs, inspires and grows your confidence in observing and offering hands on assists, props and guidance where appropriate… read more.
Pre-requisites: Recognised Pilates teaching qualification such as L3 YMCA, Stott, Body Control etc and some teaching experience. It would be ideal to be teaching in some capacity so you can start incorporating what you learn straight away, although this is not essential.
Certification: You will receive a Harmonise Training Academy CPD certificate of attendance for 3 CPD hours.
When? Tuesday 28th February, 2-5pm
Where? at Revitalise, Brighton & Hove
Who? This workshop is aimed at Pilates teachers.
Investment: £75 / £65 early bird – book by 7th February
Equipment Required: Pilates mat (available to borrow or bring your own).
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org