Meditation & Pranyama CPD
Please note that should social distancing measures still be in place, the course will be delivered via Zoom. The course content will be the same, in real-time and with small numbers to maintain our school ethos of high levels of support and you will still have teaching practice with feedback and receive the same Harmonise and Yoga Alliance approved CPD certificate. In our commitment to support our students during this uncertain time, if you do wish to enrol onto any course and have concerns about finances, please e-mail email@example.com as a longer term, interest free payment plan can be agreed.
Take part in led pranayama & meditation sessions and then practice teaching so you are confident in being able to lead simple and affective meditations and pranayama practices in your classes and to also incorporate into your personal practice
By the end of this course you will:
- Have reviewed the lineage, benefits and precautions associated with meditation & pranayama
- Understand how and when to introduce pranayama and meditation into a class, workshop or retreat
- Have reviewed the anatomy of the breath, nervous system, suitable posture and conditions for pranayama and meditation
- Be aware of holding space, smell, sound, light and comfort during pranayama and meditations
- Discuss and understand ‘mindfulness’, it’s relationship to ‘presence’, current scientific research & benefits and how it relates to meditation
- Have taken part in and practiced teaching various body scans
- Have taken part in 10 different simple concentration methods and practiced teaching them
- Have taken part in 5 simple pranayama methods and practiced teaching them
- Have experienced reflective meditation and practiced teaching this
- Be able to add affirmations, quotes, poems, meditations and pranayama around a given class / workshop theme
- Have practiced suitable voice, tone, projection, pace when leading meditation and pranayama
- Received a detailed manual of all of the theory, techniques, methods, benefits, contraindications, affirmations and scripts
- Be inspired and confident to start incorporating these practices into your own practice, daily life and teachings upon successful completion of this course
Course pre-requisites: 200hr yoga teacher training or equivalent. You may attend this course for personal development and receive a certificate of attendance
About your tutor: Louise Windsor has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin, meditation, pranayama and energetics is her passion. Louise teaches regular classes, workshops, retreats and teacher trainings and incorporates energetics into all of her teachings which are highly accessible. Amongst others, she has trained under Norman Blair and US teacher Sarah Powers and is booked onto a Nidra teacher training this year. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students and has recently introduced singing bowls into her meditations. Louise is Yoga Alliance CEP registered and is a Senior teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) which means she has taught over 3000 hours and is a continuing education provider.
Course Assessment: During the course you will take part in a practical assessment with feedback. You will submit a completed worksheet and short essay 3 weeks after course delivery
Certification: You will receive a Harmonise Training certificate for 20 hours CPD. Yoga Alliance registered students can use these hour for CPD OR 300hr advanced training with Harmonise. Those attending for personal development will receive a Harmonise certificate of attendance and won’t be qualified to teach.
Course dates: Friday 11th December and Saturday 12th December 2020 9am – 5pm
2021 Course dates: Saturday 5th June and Sunday 6th June 2021 9am – 5pm
Course Price: £264 inc vat Early bird: £240 inc vat
Payment may either be paid in full or in 4 monthly instalments when booking 4 months or more in advance.