Pre- & Post-Natal Teacher Training for Yoga or Pilates
course structure | about your tutor | dates & venue | course investment
If you are looking to start your own classes specifically aimed at pre or post-natal women, or if you’d like to increase your knowledge so you can safely advise this popular client group within your existing classes, then this course is for you!
The course will cover:
- The physical changes which take place during the ante and post-natal periods and all associated anatomy and physiology
- The physical, mental, social and spiritual benefits of yoga or Pilates for ante and post-natal women
- How to support ante and post-natal clients taking part in yoga or Pilates classes
- Contra-indications for ante and post-natal clients within a class setting
- How to manage risks in ante and post-natal yoga or Pilates classes
- How to adapt movements and exercises for safe and effective pre and post-natal lesson planning
- The role of the pelvic floor, core and stabilisers in pre and post-natal classes and safe and effective exercises for these important muscle groups
- Movement for good posture and back care during pregnancy
- The use of props to maximise comfort
- Restorative poses, breathing practices, visualisations, affirmations, mindfulness, meditations and relaxation for pre and post-natal clients
- The stages of labour and breathing techniques for birth preparation
- Principles of active birth and partner work
- Post-natal considerations including diastasis recti check
- The principles of collecting information to plan an effective class for ante and post-natal clients
- How to plan and deliver a classes for ante and post-natal clients
- Marketing and building a successful class
Upon registration for the course, you will be sent a manual and can start to learn the theory in preparation for the face to face training. Alongside this, you will be sent numerous video’s of Clare teaching pre & post natal classes as well as specific classes for the pelvic floor. Taking part in these before attending the course is part of the preparation
On the first day of training, you will receive a hard copy of the Harmonise Training Academy Manual.
During the face to face training…
- We will go over and revise the theory in preparation for your multiple choice paper
- We will go through all of the practical elements
- You will be given the opportunity to practice teaching in pairs
- You will be confident to teach this popular client group by the end of the course
- You will write up a safe and effective lesson plan as part of your assessment after the course
CPD hours: 40
- Pre course learning = 12.5 hours
- In person training = 22.5 hours
- Post course assessment = 5 hours
Assessment: Theoretical assessments will take place during the face to face training
- Multiple choice theory paper
- Lesson plan for pre-natal and post-natal yoga or Pilates class
- 200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
- Level 3 Pilates teacher training or equivalent
Certification and Accreditation
- All successful graduates will receive a Harmonise Training Academy CPD certificate for 40 hours
about your tutor
Clare Francis, former owner of Revitalise and founder of Harmonise Training Academy, has been teaching pre and post-natal clients for almost 20 years and has 3 children. She holds a YMCA awards pre and post-natal certification, Stott Pilates pre-natal certificate and completed a pregnancy yoga teacher training with Drishti who are a Yoga Alliance registered school. Clare is also trained and experienced in Pregnancy massage. Clare brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to this course which she has tailored specifically for Yoga and Pilates teachers.
dates & venue
2023 Course dates:
New dates will be added soon…
Held at: Revitalise, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB.
Early bird: £410 / Full Price: £450
Payment plan available – Spread your investment over 4 months. You can choose this option when completing your registration.
If you’d like to be notified when dates for this workshop are added, join the waitlist (this is not an enrollment or commitment)
Got questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to answer any queries you may have.