Yin Yoga Level 1 Teacher Training
Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world, as we are currently over dominate in Yang (dynamic/strong) yoga practice, and are realizing the need for its complementary Yin (slow/gentle) practice, and all the benefits Yin has to offer. Our Yin course will cover a variety of flows, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
“An immersion deep into the heart of Yin Yoga, delivered with amazing passion, knowledge, wisdom, kindness and love. Highly recommend, thank you!”Yin Teacher Training graduate
The learner will be able to plan and teach a variety of Yin Flows. There will be focus on the considerations for safe and effective Yin postures. The course will cover:
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin Flows
- Understanding of the body’s fascia
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class/ workshop
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different Meridians
- The use of props to maximize comfort and relaxation of muscles and fascia
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
“This is a beautifully accessible course. Clear and concise, warm and welcoming. I will be taking so much of Louise’s knowledge to my Yin classes and personal practice”Yin Teacher Training graduate
- Upon registration for the course, you will be sent a reading list for you to prepare for the course
- You will also be sent a written assignment to do before attending the course
- There will be plenty of opportunity to practice teaching in pairs and in small groups with feedback
- You will write up a safe and effective lesson plan as part of your assessment
- You will be confident to lesson plan and teach Yin yoga flows by the end of the course
- 200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
- Written assignment on Yin Yoga and it’s History
- Lesson planning for a variety of Yin flows
- Teaching a Yin yoga flow to your class
Certification and Accreditation
- It gives Yoga Alliance registered teachers 35 CPD hours
- You will receive a certificate from Harmonise Training Academy, Yoga Alliance registered, upon successful completion of this course
“I had no doubt when I took one Yin class with Louise that I had found the person I wanted to learn more about Yin with. Her nature and knowledge is the very embodiment of her teaching”Yin Teacher Training graduate
Louise Windsor has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin is her passion, she teaches a weekly Yin class and monthly 3 hour Yin workshops at Revitalise. Her Yin teacher and mentor is Norman Blair, she has completed all of his Yin courses to date, and has studied with US teachers Sarah Powers, Bernie Clarke and Paul Grilley. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students. Louise is a Senior Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) & ERYT 500 CEP with Yoga Alliance (US).
13th – 16th October 9.30am – 5pm – Early-bird discount available until 1st September.
The course is held at Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton.
£528 / £480 early bird
If you’d like to find out more before you book, you can receive free taster classes and resources by email and book in for a free call with your tutor, Louise – sign up HERE
OR, if you’re ready to reserve your place on the course