Yoga Nidra Course
Join Louise Windsor for this Yoga Nidra CPD teacher training course. Louise has created this training to provide an overview of the different schools and styles of yoga nidra, an understanding of the different stages and how to teach it sensitively, so that you can feel confident to create and teach your own. The world needs more yoga nidra!
The benefits of yoga nidra seem endless – lowered blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, enhanced digestion, hormonal balance, improved immunity and nervous system regulation – very much related to our brain waves, breath, conscious and subconscious activity (neuroscience). Indeed, it has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels and calm the mind.
Yoga Nidra can be incorporated into any mind / body class at the end, after savasana or relaxation as well as being a practice in its own right. There are also different layers to the practice, and you could choose which ones would be most appropriate for your group as well as you as a teacher.
Want to experience the benefits for yourself? Keep reading to find Louise’s gift to you – a free 20 min yoga Nidra.
During this course you will:
- Learn how to safely lead your students through a guided experience that will induce deep relaxation, tone the vagal nerve, help to regulate blood pressure, heart rate and hormones, may facilitate self-healing through activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, help with insomnia, increase imagination and inspire creativity.
- Learn about the different brain waves, functions of the brain and liminal space amongst other fascinating brain, mind and body connections.
- Learn the different stages of a Yoga Nidra to understand their purpose and be able to plan your own.
- Understand the lineage of Yoga Nidra, to be aware of its risks and how to teach it with care and sensitivity.
- Practise each stage of sharing a Nidra and a full practice to feel comfortable teaching it safely after the course.
- Learn how to lead a 20 min restorative Savasana and understand the difference between that and a Yoga Nidra
Following attendance of the course, you will:
- Submit a completed worksheet
- Write your own Yoga Nidra script that you will practise and then submit along with a reflection having taught it
- Attend 3 different Yoga Nidras and journal about your experience.
Certification and Accreditation
- You will receive a Harmonise Training certificate for 25 hours CPD.
- Yoga Alliance registered students can use these hour for CPD OR 300hr advanced training with Harmonise.
- Those attending for personal development will receive a Harmonise certificate of attendance and won’t be qualified to teach.
about your tutor
Louise started practicing Yoga Nidra 10 years ago to help switch off from the anxieties that go with setting up a new business on her own in a new location. She has since used it to help with back pain, sleep and now-a-days as much needed daily rest during perimenopause. Aside from these benefits, what she really loves is the state of mind it takes you too, the “being-ness” of your true nature. She believes the more you can connect with this peaceful content presence within, the more you remember it’s there and who you really are.
As well as years of regular personal practice Louise has taken training with Melanie Cooper and Jennie Wadsten, Ben Wolff, Rod Stryker, Uma and Nirlitpa Dinsmore-Tuli from The Yoga Nidra Network. Louise is a ERYT 200 CEP with Yoga Alliance and is a Senior teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) which means she has taught over 3000 hours and is a continuing education provider.
2nd – 4th February 2024 (10am – 5pm each day)
The course is held at Revitalise, 123a Western Road, Brighton.
SUPER Early bird £395
Early bird £425
Full price £475
SUPER Early-bird discount available until 4 months before course start
Early-bird discount available until 6 week before course start
Prices include VAT
Payment plan available.
Choose this option when completing your registration via the button below.
A 25% deposit is payable on booking.
Prices include VAT.
A gift from Louise
20 minute Yoga Nidra
- Lie down
- Get comfortable
- Close your eyes
- Relax and enjoy!
Got questions? Contact email@example.com who will be happy to answer any queries you may have.